Finding Low Cost ConservatoriesApril 7, 2017
Why should I buy a composite door for my house?
Firstly, if you need a new front door, this is good question to ask, as there are quite a few choices for residential entrance doors on the market.
Compared to timber or even upvc, composite front doors outperform them on all fronts – and this is why.
- composite doors are 9 times more energy efficient than a softwood version.
- The colour is not baked or painted on so it does not scratch off or crack or peel or fade – the skin is made from coloured GRP
- Material used for the skin is GRP which is impact resistant, non reactive to pollutants and UV fading.
- The interior is filled with an insulating foam which makes these doors the best at energy efficiency
- You can get FD30 version which mean they are fire, smoke and toxic fume resistant
- They do not expand, shrink or warp due to wet or dry weather like wood.
- Security features, like 5 lever locks and stainless steel hinges make them very secure.
- You can get timber effect finishes which are almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing.
If you want to know more about designs and prices for composite doors, visit this website https://www.french-patiodoors.co.uk/composite-doors-prices/